zaterdag 13 april 2013

Joel Penkman

this is what his website tells about Joel Penkman:

I love food, and I love to paint, so combining the two seemed like a good idea.

My compositions are simple still-life studies with clean backgrounds to make easier for individuals to make a connection. Food triggers memories and emotion, I like that people can bring something of themselves to the artworks. My favourite medium is egg tempera. It is very time consuming as I make the gesso to prepare my boards and grind my own paint to mix, but the results are worth it.

I was born in 1979 in New Zealand were I grew up. After finishing my degree in Graphic Design at Canterbury University's School of Fine Art, I moved to the UK where I have worked as a graphic designer and most recently a freelance designer and artist.

I hope my pictures will make people smile.

they certainly make us smile!!







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten